Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Sassy Mouth

My soon to be ex-husband might tell you I'm a bitch, sociopath, manipulative, hurtful, down right mean, and that my words not only sting but can cut.  Hey what can I say I have a sassy mouth and I can be hurtful when provoked.  I learned today (I wasn't provoked in this instance I was just pushing and not realizing it) that some people don't come back and fight fire with fire.  They do the logical thing and put the fire out with water.  They are also not amused by antics.



I had always been able to justify the worst parts of my personality and actions because they were done right back to me.  After I had been given a set down, I felt remorse.  Remorse? I have this in me? I was pouting and felt like a heel.  So I did what was right.  Not just right in the ways of my moral compass, but common human decency. *GASP* I apologized. This is a new development in my personality. Since I usually only say sorry when there is a "but I told you so" right after it.


The part that is so conflicting in my mind is that I liked being told what to do, and how my bad behavior was not going to be put up with.  This conflicts with my outward personality "Don't tell me what to do."  Not buying into my ways and taking the high road may ultimately lead me to be a better person.  We shall see ....

Oh how the mighty have fallen at just a few words.



2 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel good to apologize, though? I always feel so much better and Daddy helps my hugging and snuggling with me, making it all better.

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does but I still felt bad afterward. Then everything was made better :)

      Delete