Saturday, November 26, 2011

Last Saturday in November



College football.  What could be better? A bunch of young sweaty athletically fit males running around exerting their strength and beating each other down.  Its the ultimate alpha male show down.  To make it even better today is when the Carolina Gamecocks play the Clemson Tigers.  I personally have been a huge Gamecock fan my entire life so I'm hoping they put a hurting on the tigers.  Lets go Cocks!

Love is a Battlefield and a whole lot like football to me anyway- especially between men and women.  

A girlfriend of mine asked me the other day for some man advice.  I am fourteen years younger than my friend but never wanting to let anyone down I said sure.  She's a single mother with one child in college and the other in high school.  Her boyfriend has been divorced for a very long time and does not have children.  They have been seeing each other exclusively for six months but he still will only call her when he feels like it or when it's convenient.  She explained how bad it made it her feel and that it felt almost a one sided relationship. I thought about my words for a moment before I actually said anything.  Then I felt obligated as a woman to tell her she needed to have a little chat with boyfriend ask him where in his life this relationship is a priority, what are his expectations, and then after that is out of the way she needs to answer the same questions she asked.  I also informed her not to be a screeching banshee because most men will go running even after six months if you start the overbearing psycho yelling (even if it is natural for us ladies to do when we're disappointed and hurt.) I also informed her of my own opinion (Sheesh! why can't I stop putting my two cents in??) This man has obviously been single for so long I doubt he can become the family man she wants.  I'm almost positive after six months if he cant return a phone call in twenty-four hours he does NOT have the same ideology about relationships as her.  (Here I did it again, I stuck my foot in it by telling her how I would deal with it) I would tell him what I needed and I didnt think he was it and it was time to move on to the next candidate because life is NOT a rough draft, you only get one shot and waiting around on Mr. Wrong to change is a complete waste of that precious time.

Hopefully I did not screw things up for her too bad- but she did ask my advice.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! and Go Gamecocks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment